Below you will find our governing documents for the sport of swimming in the Northern Territory.
- Board and Committee Policies
- Safe Sporting Environment (Child Welfare)
- Specifically commits to keeping our Children and Young People safe in swimming;
- Clarifies and raises the standards of behaviour for dealing with Children and Young People through a new “Code of Conduct for dealing with Children and Young People”;
- Consolidates our previous role-specific Codes of Conduct into one General Code of Conduct;
- Strengthens and clarifies processes and procedures when safe sport concerns or incidents arise;
- Requires more rigorous recruitment and screening procedures, as well as reporting by all organisations in swimming; and
- Provides guidance, advice, tips and tools to assist us to keep each other and our sport safe.
- Swimming Rules (& Open Water)
- Swimming Australia Code of Conduct
- Event Polices
- Play by the Rules
- Awards Polices
- Finance, Audit and Risk Polices
We are currently in the process of updating our Policies. Please contact us if you require any further information or unable to find the policy you are after.
Swimming Australia along with Swimming Northern Territory takes its responsibilities and obligations for child welfare seriously, and is dedicated to providing a safe environment for all members in our sport. Swimming Australia has adopted the SafeSports Framework which replaces the previous child and members welfare polices.
The Safe Sports Framework
Swimming Australia's comprehensive policies and procedures document can be downloaded here
Swimming Australia on (03) 9910 7010 if you have any child protection concerns or alternatively contact John Mitchell at Swimming Northern Territory (08) 8945 3578
All Technical Officials in the Northern Territory are required to have an up to date Working with Childrens Check (Ochre Card).
SAL Behavioural Guidelines
Swimming Northern Territory follows Swimming Australia's Code of Conduct
We are currently updating our Finance, Audit and Risk Policies.