2016 State Teams Age Short Course Championships - CanberraImage (c) Swimming Australia
Swimming NT will be selecting a team to compete in the State Teams Age Short Course Championships (23-25 September 2016). Below is an Expressions of Interest for swimmers wishing to be considered for the 2016 State Teams Age Short Course Championships. Please note the following selection conditions apply:
- Selection on this Team will be based on performances in all events from 1 September 2015 up to and including the final session of the 2016 NT Short Course Championships. 20th - 21st August in Alice Springs.
- Swimmers will need to be competitive in a number of events.
- The target age range for this Team will be 13/14 and 15/16 years for girls and 14/15 and 16/17 years for boys.
- An athlete levy (up to a maximum of $500.00) to assist with travel and uniform costs will be payable to Swimming Northern Territory prior to departure.
- Selected athletes must engage in an appropriate preparation training period prior to the Short Course Championships (12 weeks minimum).
- The State Teams Age Short Course team will be announced before 29 August 2016.
Please Note: The State Teams Age Short Course Championships (Canberra) conf l icts wi th the School Sport Austral ia Event in Darwin. Swimmers who compete at School Sport cannot be selected for the State Teams Age Short Course Championships